Dvar Eliyahu to the Vilna Ga'on, Vilna 1874 - copy of the Ga'on Rabbi Moshe Finkel son of the grandfather of Slabodka and Rosh Yeshiva of the Knesset Yisrael in Slabodka.
The book Dvar Eliyahu. On Sefer Iyov by the Vilna Ga'on, with comments by Rabbi Maggid Rabbi Avraham Berosh of Shebeshin. [Winograd, curator of the books of the Vilna Ga'on nu. 111].
The book contains several stamps and signatures of Rabbi Moshe Finkel (1883-1925), was the Rosh Yeshiva of the Slobodka Yeshiva and the Hebron Yeshiva, the son of Rabbi Natan Tzvi Finkel, the Saba of Slabodka.
He studied at the Mir Yeshiva with Rabbi Eliyahu Baruch Kamai, as well as with Rabbi Eliezer Gordon. Was sent by his father (together with his brother Rabbi Eliezer Yehuda) to study with Rabbi Chaim Soloveitchik in Brisk. He also studied a period in the Radin Yeshiva with the Chofetz Chaim.
He married the daughter of Rabbi Moshe Mordechai Epstein, head of the Slobodka yeshiva. After his marriage, he began serving as a teacher at the yeshiva, and began giving moral lectures, and later on he set up a preparatory program for the Slobodka Yeshiva, called Or Yisrael.
In the winter of 1925 he immigrated to Eretz Israel to serve as Rosh Yeshiva in Hebron. Less than a year later, during the intermediate days of Succot, 1926, he died suddenly.
The "Or Same'ach" expressed that he would be the "Kzot Ha'Choshen" of the generation. In a letter of condolence to his father, Rabbi Yerucham Leibowitz wrote: "The Ark of the Lord," "Ner Yisrael," "Light is seen in His light."
Fair condition. Stains and moth holes. Cover is damaged.